嗨,亲爱的们,今天新航道的小编给大家将分享六个英语习语,正确运用到雅思口语上也会上的的分数更是一层楼。
the last straw 在很多困难之中最后让你放弃的一个小困难;终于使人无法忍受的最后一击;
We've been married 25 years and this carrying on under my nose was the last straw. 我们已经结婚25年了,而我眼皮底下发生的这事儿使我最终忍无可忍。
----Did you hear the latest changes for tonight's party?What now?
你听说今晚聚会的变动了吗?现在是怎么安排的?
-----We're not meeting at the restaurant at 7 but at Julie's house at 6. And all the food is going to be vegetarian. 我们不打算7点去饭店了,而是6点去朱莉的家。并且所有的食物都会是素食。
----That's the last straw. I'm just staying at home and watching TV tonight.
那可忍不了。我今晚还是待在家里看电视吧。
to rain on someone's parade破坏某人的好心情
-----This year I'm entering Washington D.C.'s original Song-a-Thon contest.
今年我要参加华盛顿的Song-a-Thon歌曲原创比赛。
---I don't mean to rain on your parade, but that contest was last week.
我不想扫你的兴,但那场比赛是在上周。
to reinvent the wheel 浪费时间做无用功(浪费时间和精力做一些其他人之前已经做过的事情)
Oh come on , there is no need to reinvent the wheel!哦,得了吧,没必要浪费时间做无用功!
Don't reinvent the wheel; we already have a plan that seems to work well.不要浪费时间做无用功了;我们已经有一个看起来很有效的计划了。
He spent days working out the new course syllabus when we had planned it already — he's just reinvented the wheel!他花费了好几天的时间来制定新的课程大纲,可是我们之前就已经计划好了,他只是在浪费时间做无用功!
Nancy's new idea is just the same as the old one — she's just reinvented the wheel!南茜的新主意和之前的想法一样,她只是在浪费时间做无用功罢了!
lay it on thick 过分夸大某事
---So, you remember how Chuck really wanted to be part of our bowling team?你还记得查克有多么想成为我们保龄球队的一员吗?
---Oh, yeah, he started to lay it on thick about how great he was to our team captain Marco. 记得记得,对,他开始吹捧他对我们队长马可有多么多么地好了。
Don’t lay it on thick when you compliment people – it will make you sound fake.当你称赞他人的时候,不要太夸张,不然这会让你听起来很虚伪。
James might have laid it on a bit thick with his daughter just now. After all, she only broke a plate.刚刚詹姆斯可能对她女儿过分责难了,毕竟她只是打碎了一个碟子而已。
turn over a new leaf 新的开始; 用积极的方式改变你的行为或生活方式 (leaf 是指书的一页)
----Wow, Anna! You seem a lot happier and more awake than you usually do in the morning. 哇,安娜!你今早上看起来比往常更开心也更清醒啊。
----I am! Because now I'm a morning person!I've turned over a new leaf. I wake up early. I run. I read the entire newspaper. All before seven. 没错!因为我现在是早起族啦!我已经开始新生活了。我早起后就去跑步,接着读一整张报纸。都在七点之前完成。
throw money at a problem 只是花很多钱而不去想想其他的办法
---My friend is so upset. Her son is failing school.Well, she bought him a new computer, a bunch of educational games, and therapy, you know, to help him with his fear of tests.我朋友太伤心了,她儿子在学校成绩不及格。她给他买了一台新电脑,一堆教育类的游戏。还带他去治疗,你懂的,帮他克服考试恐惧。
----Sounds like she is just throwing money at the problem. Maybe the kid just needs to study more? 听起来她只是在花钱解决问题,而不去想想其他的办法。也许这孩子只是需要再用功一点呢?
如果你想了解更多雅思托福课程,留学规划或者有任何疑问,欢迎联系新航道重庆学校。
新航道重庆学校官网:cq.xhd.cn
新航道重庆学校电话:400-185-9090
推荐阅读:
一起来唠唠出国留学英国后的那些“坑”,用自己的血泪教训给大家排个雷~
关于QS排名前100的澳洲院校的花费大全来啦,想去这些学校的小伙伴们有没有准备好钱包呀?