keep some things private保留一些隐私
know about our relationship status知道我们的关系状况
personal个人的
Some of us like to keep some things private - maybe we don't want people knowing about our relationship status, our age or where we live - because these details are personal.我们中的一些人喜欢保留一些隐私,也许我们不想让人们知道我们的关系状况、我们的年龄或我们住的地方,因为这些细节是个人的。
leave a digital footprint留下数字足迹
The problem is, everywhere we go online,we seem to leave a digital footprint.问题是,我们在网上所到之处,似乎都会留下数字足迹。
on our social media accounts在我们的社交媒体账户上
display things 展示东西
holiday snaps度假照片
On our social media accounts, we often display things like our opinions, connections and holiday snaps. 在我们的社交媒体账户上,我们经常展示我们的观点、联系和度假照片等东西。
stop everybody seeing everything阻止每个人看到一切
The issue is, how do we stop everybody seeing everything?问题是,我们如何阻止每个人看到一切?
a random stranger随随便便的陌生人
know our favourite type of coffee知道我们最喜欢的咖啡类型
Maybe we don't want a random stranger knowing our favourite type of coffee.也许我们不想让一个随随便便的陌生人知道我们最喜欢的咖啡类型。
pop up on websites在网站上出现
And cookies-there was a time they were just something nice to eat. Now they seem to be popping up on websites.还有cookies(饼干),曾几何时,它们只是好吃的东西。现在,它们似乎已经在网站上出现了。
stay more private保持更多的隐私
So how can you stay more private?那么,你如何才能保持更多的隐私?
take steps采取步骤
There are some steps you can take.有一些步骤你可以采取。
check your privacy settings检查你的隐私设置
First,on your social media accounts, check your privacy settings.首先,检查你社交媒体账户上的隐私设置。
social media platforms社交媒体平台
allow everything to be visible by default默认允许一切可见
onus责任
set your boundaries设定你的界限
Many social media platforms allow everything to be visible by default, and the onus is on you to set your boundaries. 许多社交媒体平台默认允许一切可见,而你有责任设定你的界限。
isn't only confined to social media不仅仅局限于社交媒体
limit the amount you share 限制你的分享数量
And limiting the amount you share isn't only confined to social media.
限制你的分享数量并不仅仅局限于社交媒体。
share documents分享文件
not put anything too private不要把太隐私的东西放在那里
There are many sites out there that help you to share documents- so a good tip may be to not put anything too private, like passwords on there.许多网站可以帮助你分享文件,所以一个好的建议是不要把太隐私的东西,如密码,放在那里。
one errant click一个错误的点击
One errant click may send it to the wrong person.有一个错误的点击可能会把它发送给不想要的人。
improve your browsing experience改善您的浏览体验
by tracking and saving information about your visits to a site通过跟踪和保存您访问网站的信息
personalise your sessions实现个性化体验
Finally,cookies are designed to improve your browsing experience by tracking and saving information about your visits to a site, helping to personalise your sessions.最后,cookies旨在通过跟踪和保存您访问网站的信息来改善您的浏览体验,帮助您实现个性化体验。
delete your browsing history删除你的浏览历史
block them阻止它们
Deleting your browsing history may help, but there are certain apps which can block them if you don't feel comfortable.删除你的浏览历史可能会有帮助,但如果你觉得不舒服,也有某些应用程序可以阻止它们。
maintain your privacy online在网上保持你的隐私
share things you'd be happy with a stranger seeing分享你乐意让陌生人看到的东西
So, if you want to maintain your privacy online, maybe only share things you'd be happy with a stranger seeing. 因此,如果你想在网上保持你的隐私,也许可以只分享你乐意让陌生人看到的东西。
如果你想了解更多雅思托福课程,留学规划或者有任何疑问,欢迎联系新航道重庆学校。
新航道重庆学校官网:cq.xhd.cn
新航道重庆学校官方电话:400-185-9090
推荐阅读:
一起来唠唠出国留学英国后的那些“坑”,用自己的血泪教训给大家排个雷~
关于QS排名前100的澳洲院校的花费大全来啦,想去这些学校的小伙伴们有没有准备好钱包呀?